Saturday, October 22, 2011

Warm Spinach Salad

I found this great spinach recipe on this great wiki site. It is:  http://healthyrecipes.wikia.com/wiki/Warm_Spinach_Salad
I like to look at recipes online and simplify them to meet my needs. This spinach salad got me thinking of how my husband makes his breakfast. This spinach salad can be served for lunch or dinner too. This is my version of a quick and easy Warm Spinach Salad although the one on the wiki site looks like it would have more flavor and better for you since it uses less bacon:

2 Large bunches of Spinach washed
8 slices of bacon
4 soft poached eggs
Salt & pepper to taste 

In a large skillet, cook bacon until crispy. Set aside on a paper towel. Discard bacon grease. Do not wash skillet. Add spinach into warm skillet that was used to cook bacon. Toss gently and place into large mixing bowl. Add bacon by ripping into small pieces. Add salt and pepper to taste. Toss gently and add a little more salt and pepper. Distribute on individual plates and add one poached egg on top. Add a little salt and pepper to poached egg.

Here is a YouTube video that shows you how to make poached eggs:  www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bxvxwk3TFPQ

An easier way, to poach eggs is to purchase a poached egg pan: http://www.williams-sonoma.com/recipe/poached-eggs.html

2 comments:

  1. That brings back memories of my grandmother's warm spinach salad. She used hard-boiled eggs. Loved the video of how to poach an eggs in water. I tend to just use a microwave: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SB79C2aXpaE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds tasty, low cal and high protein. Those facts coupled with the fact that I love Spinach makes this recipe something that I will be trying in the very near future.

    ReplyDelete